Powersports - replacing a battery
- Check the acid level (Powersports Freshpack only) and top up with distilled wáter.
- Keep the battery and terminals clean
- Check the cables and connectors for loose connections and check the casing for damage.
- VARTA® batteries come with full usage and maintenance instructions.
Long periods of disuse
Sulphation during long periods of disuse, usually during off-season months, is one of the main causes of motorcycle battery malfunction. Sulphates released as the battery discharges collect on the plates and harden, causing battery performance to suffer or fail completely. That's why it's extremely important to observe the following guidelines:
- Charge the battery and store it in a dry, clean place. Disconnect the battery's negative terminal from the motorcycle.
- Regularly check the state of charge and recharge if necessary.